Asha Bhosle is said to be the most versatile singer of Bollywood. She has sung various categories of songs, whether it be the wild and vivacious cabaret numbers or the soulful melodies, her experiments with different forms of music has amazed audience. She manages to captivate her devotees with her unique style of singing.
No doubt why her songs from 60s and 70s are being remixed and used even now. Today as she turns 83, here are the top 5 songs which are still cherished and which define Asha Bhosle as the ideal queen of groove!
- Piya Tu Ab To Aaja from Caravan (1971)
2. Dum Maro Dum from Hare Rama Hare Krishna (1971)
3. Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko from Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
4. Duniya Mein Logon Ko from Apna Desh (1972)
5. Khatooba from Alibaba Aur 40 Chor