Pakistani actress Mahira Khan made her bollywood debut with Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees , but she gained a huge fan following in India with her role in TV soap “Humsafar” .However, things didn’t go according to Mahira and the release came months after Uri attack, which was followed by a ban of Pakistani actors in India and ban of Indian movies in Pakistan. While she was addressing students at a university in Karachi, said that she felt like “being punched in the stomach” after she saw the film.
- The truth is that we have all gone through failure.
- I have personally as well as professionally experienced failure,Mahira said.
- I was advised by many people to not accept the role in ‘Bol’ (Pakistani film) as it was a small one but my gut feeling told me otherwise.
- Also decided to act in the serial ‘Humsafar’ on my gut feeling.
- There are no repeats of your first film.
- But somehow my name was missed as the ‘Bol’ credits scrolled in front of me.
- Then for ‘Raees’, even though the teaser said ‘introducing Mahira Khan’.
- I felt like being punched in the stomach when there was no such credit in the film itself.
- “Then when it was released, I was banned in India and the film was banned in Pakistan,” added the actress,
- Referring to the unofficial ‘ban’ on Pakistani actors by certain outfits in India after the terror attack at Uri last year.