India is a country having full of emotions and feelings. And we are highly influenced by Bollywood movies and cricket. For us its like tradition to pray our superstar like Amitabh Bachchan and Virat Kohli. We are highly attached to them.
When team India plays cricket the whole country at the same time play cricket with the team as well as when Amitabh cries on screen everyone cries with the actor. Talking about cricket how can we forget IPL. As IPL is just around the corner, and we can’t wait to get our daily dose of cricket.
Indeed, few games can be as filled with drama, suspense and tension as the contest between the bat and the ball. India’s favourite pastime makes great fodder for great cinema too, and these are some films that you should consider checking out.
Here is the list of 5 Bollywood films that are based on cricket:-
- Aamir Khan starrer Lagaan is one of the best films in Indian cinema, and most certainly the best one on this list. Lagaan is a story about a group of villagers who play a game of cricket against Englishmen (who play the game regularly) to avoid paying tax for three years.
2. Ms Dhoni is the journey of Dhoni life in Indian cricket team. Even though Sushant Singh Rajput did justice to looking like MS Dhoni, the film’s storyline and its execution fell flat. There is hardly any scene depicting the complex politics prevalent inside a dressing room, and the movie feels more like a chronological reel than a story.
3. Iqbal is based on a deaf-mute fast bowler, Iqbal is a gem of a movie that you should not miss. Initially, Iqbal (played by Shreyas Talpade) faces rejection because of his disability, but his immense potential with the ball helps him land a place in the Indian cricket team.
4. Ajhar is based on the life of Mohammad Azharuddin, Azhar was another cricket biopic that fell way short of expectations. Certainly, one of Hyderabad’s favourite cricketers (other than VVS Laxman) deserved much better than the shitshow which had Emraan Hashmi playing the titular role.
5. Sachin: A Billion Dreams is based on life of Sachin Tendulkar himself. Film is about he became such a big cricketer. And how people believe in him. The story is as emotional as true as any true cricketer life.