Samajwadi Party MP and actor Jaya Bachchan may be the richest parliamentarian after declaring assets worth Rs 1000 crore. Having declared this, she has surpassed BJP Rajya Sabha MP Ravindra Kishore Sinha who declared his assets worth Rs 800 crore in 2014. According to the affidavit, the 69-year-old politician, together with her husband, has immovable assets worth over Rs. 460 crore, and their movable assets are valued at Rs. 540 crore, much above the Rs. 343 crore declared in 2012.
1. They have immovable assets worth Rs 460 crore that includes 3,175 sqm residential property in Brignogan Plage in France. They also have additional properties in Noida, Bhopal, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Gandhinagar
2. Amitabh Bachchan owns a 3-acre agricultural plot worth Rs 5.7 crore in Barabanki while Jaya Bachchan owns a 1.22-hectare plot worth Rs 2.2 crore in Kakori, Uttar Pradesh.
3. Jaya Bachchan owns gold and jewellery worth Rs 62 crore while Amitabh Bachchan has jewellery worth Rs 36 crore
4. The couple owns 12 vehicles that include Rolls-Royce, Mercedes, Porsche, Range Rover, Tata Nano, and a tractor. These vehicles amount to Rs 13 crore
5. Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan own watches worth Rs 51 lakh and Rs 3.4 crore, respectively
Poll panel officials say that with assets adding up to almost Rs. 1,000 crore, Jaya Bachchan could well be walking into the Rajya Sabha as the richest lawmaker at present.