Kamal Hasan is one of the most talented actors that India has seen. His upcoming much-awaited sequel Vishwaroopam 2 has finally hit the theatres. The movie was released across languages in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil amongst others. Vishwaroopam 2 has been directed and produced by Mr. Haasan himself and is a bilingual, shot in Hindi and Tamil. The spy-thriller also stars Shekhar Kapur, Waheeda Rehman, Rahul Bose, Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Jaideep Ahlawat, Nasser, Anant Mahadevan, Yusuf Hussain and Rajendra Gupta.
According to sources, Vishwaroopam 2 suffered too many delays before it finally got a clean chit from all the forces for a release. The Hindi version of the movie was subjected to as many as 14 cuts by the Central Board of Film Certification before release. While many violent scenes from the movie were scissored, a lip-lock scene between Wisam (Kamal) and Nirupama (Pooja) on the bed in a song has been replaced by the usual suggestive look shared by the hero and the heroine. Given the ‘sanskari‘ nature of the Board, this really doesn’t come as a surprise.
Moreover, words like “IFS” and “Foreign Service” have also been cut. Below listed is a detailed account of the portions asked to be cut from the movie:
1. Reduced to flash the scene of the killing of Ashmita. Also modified as discussed the scene of Ashmita ‘s mutilated body parts in the car, and completely removed the second scene of it.
2. Removed the scene of Omar vomiting out blood.
3. Beginning Inserted fiction disclaimer with Hindi voice-over.
4. Reduced to flash, the scene of Nirupama taking shower. Also removed the lip-lock scene on the bed in song after intermission and replaced with visual of hero and heroine looking towards each other.
5. Muted Nirupama ‘s dialogue: jaiseaap logo mein allowed hai
6. Reduced the visual of tearing of burkha by Ashmita
What do you think of the cuts ? Tell us and stay tuned to COB for more updates !!